Cakes & Pastries
Wedding cakes are a tradition around the world symbolizing fertility and luck in many cultures.
Since the Victorian era, the wedding cake has changed dramatically; no longer having to be completely white, today it may be decorated with several colors and can incorporate different themes and motifs that have special meaning for the bride and groom.
Whether you choose from a photo in our huge portfolio, bring in your own pictures and ideas, or work with the pastry chef and cake designers to create a unique look, your cakes and pastries will taste fabulous and have stellar appearance. Many of our recurring clients have been our previous brides that just cannot get enough of our delicious cakes. And with over 40 flavors to choose from, who could?!
A unique offering only available to Classic Gourmet clients, our Petits Fours are four bite sized items that are a perfect blend of flavor and taste
- MINI CHEESE CAKES Mini Cheesecakes topped with Cranberry Sauce
- CHOCOLATE TROUFLES Chocolate truffles made with ganache rolled in chocolate shavings
- APRICOTS HALF COVER WITH CHOCOLATE Dried apricot half covered with melted dark chocolate
- FRUIT TARTS Small tarts filled with fresh fruit, glazed with apricot
- "ALFAJORES" Soft tea biscuits filled with creamy milk sauce
- MARZIPAN FRUITS Small shape fruits made with almond paste
- CHOCOLATE GLACE APRICOTS Apricots half cover with chocolate
- MINIATURE CAKES Miniature reproduction of desserts like: chocolate cake, Black Forest, Strawberry cake
- PRUNES FILLED WITH ALMOND PASTE Garnished with cherries
- COCONUT AND PINEAPPLE BALLS Small balls made with fresh pineapple and coconut
TYPES OF CAKES
- Crème Brulee: White vanilla cake soaked in grand marnier and filled with crème brulee custard
- Chocolate Ganache: Soaked in Kahlua and ideal for the groom's cake filled with choloate ganache
- Pink Lemonade: Light pink citric-vanilla cake filled with lemon curd and lemon mousse
- Almond Joy: Chocolate cake with toasted almonds filled with coconut mousse
- German chocolate: Chocolate cake filled with a shredded coconut and pecan caramel